It’s very unfortunate that fire broke out on the set of Aamir Khan’s debut TV show on Monday night and caused huge damage. The fire broke out due to electrical fault. Within fraction of second, things turned into ashes. The set is built near Madh Island, Malad to ground.
An insider said, “It was an extremely unfortunate event. Due to some electrical fault, the set caught fire and within minutes spread across the sets.”
“Early evening the entire team had gone and done a recee and only about 20 people from the light and set department were wrapping light adjustments when the fire broke out. Luckily everyone was cleared and there were no casualties,” said the source.
Talking about the damage, the source added, “Right now it’s difficult to say whether or not it will cause any delays or for how long for the show to take off.”
When contacted, a spokesperson of Aamir Khan’s production house said, “It has been extremely unfortunate incident. We only feel lucky and very relieved that no one was hurt. As soon as we will be allowed to inspect and take stock, is when we will be able to assess the damage and decide to what extent we would need to repair the sets.”
It is heard that Aamir’s new talk show deals with issues related to the common man. It was also reported that Aamir moved into tears on the first day of the shoot.